Through hard work and offering the highest degree of service possible, Kernow Properties have become the largest portfolio managers in the area. We provide either ‘Tenant Find’ or ‘Full Management’ services for landlords, with careful tenant selection backed by a national referencing provider. We offer:-
Free rental appraisal
Broad marketing including Rightmove and Zoopla as well as newspaper advertising
Experienced Rental negotiators, who ensure we have the right tenant for your property.
Full tenant referencing
Up to date tenancy agreements
Full photographic inventory
Insurance services available
Property find service for investor landlords
For individual advice on becoming a landlord, call us on 01840 212938
Kernows are privately owned, independent firm, working together with our sister office, Lewis Property Consultants. We have highly specialised staff who offer an efficient personal service and who have a great deal of experience of the local market. We manage the sale of your property completely, from start to finish, including high quality details, floorplans, escorted viewings and constant feedback on the progress of viewings. We believe in providing the highest possible level of service and stay in regular touch with our vendors throughout the process.
Ask about Kernow Choice, just phone or pop in and see how we can assist you in selling your home from as little as £595.00 +vat.
After all it's your property so Your Choice.
• Absolutely no obligation
• Find out exactly what your home is worth right now
• Carried out by experts with local market knowledge
Arrange a FREE VALUATION today call us on 01840 212938
Buying a property is a big step involving a substantial long-term financial commitment, so think hard about what you can afford. You will need to consider the assets you have - like savings - as well as the money that's coming in and going out.
Although it may reduce your buying options, you don't want to commit to a mortgage and then realise you can't afford some of the nicer things in life! It may sound obvious but take time to think of all the things you spend money on throughout the year, even without a mortgage.
We have qualified experienced people who can assist you in finding the right mortgage for you, just ask and we would be delighted to help.
Because of the credit crunch, it is vital that you secure a mortgage with a lender before starting the searching process. This way, when you find the right property, you will avoid being beaten to it by another buyer and you will also be in a much stronger negotiating position.
You will need to consider what aspects of a property are most important to you:
- number of bedrooms / bathrooms.
- parking provisions.
- separate kitchen and dining room.
- private garden.
- how much time/money you may want to spend redecorating etc.
Once you have found the property of your dreams, the next step is to make an offer. It is important to consider a variety of factors when choosing your price level in order to achieve the right deal for you. Take a step back to logically look at all the things that matter before making your offer.
First time buyers, buyers with no chain and buyers who have pre-arranged mortgages have a head start on most of the competition. If this is you, then make the agent and seller aware of this, as this can put you in a very favourable negotiating position, especially if the seller is in a chain.
Now to instruct a a Conveyancer
Tips for choosing and using a conveyancer
Get at least three conveyancers' quotes well before you start looking for property. Ask friends, family and your estate agent for recommendations.
- Tell your conveyancer if you want answers to any specific questions in advance.
- Let them know when you would like to exchange contracts and complete. Tell them you will require regular updates of how the purchase is progressing.
- Try to negotiate a no sale - no fee deal, so if the deal falls through you don't pay anything.
- Check and compare quotes carefully making sure they are like for like. Decide if you also want the conveyancer to arrange an Environmental Search, which will give information such as flood risk, radon levels and local mines in the area.
Here at Kernow's we can again help and assist you in finding a conveyancer, just ask and we would be delighted to help.
Any property accepting LHA, in full or part (top up) will need a guarantor. Applications, for Tenants (over 18) and Guarantors are all subject to credit referencing. This property is let under an assured shorthold tenancy agreement and the minimum term of occupancy is six months. Applications, for Tenants (over 18) and Guarantors are all subject to credit referencing. Our referencing fees are as follows: £85 per person over the age of 18 (this also applies to any guarantor). £100 tenancy establishment fee on the day that the tenancy begins. We normally require one months rent in advance and one months rent which will be held as a deposit/bond (although there are some cases where increased advance rent may be required). In some cases we may request an additional deposit in respect of pets etc. There will not be any extra fees for renewal of tenancy agreements, inventories, out going referencing or check out post tenancy.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:-
1. All appointments to view should be made through Kernow Properties, telephone 01840 12938. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 12.
2. IF YOU ARE DELAYED on the way to an appointment, please let us know. Unless we have heard from you, we will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes after the appointment.
3. We will deal with one application or group of applicants at a time for any given property. Each application must be completed in all respects, with all parts of the forms completed for each prospective tenant and the standard application fee of £85 per person paid (non-refundable), together with a sum equal to half of a months' rent in order to hold the property before they can be considered, (there may be some circumstances where this amount is non-refundable). Certain standard tenancy conditions are explained on the application form.
4. In that we will deal with one application or set of applications at a time your position will be secured, but no tenancy agreement will be offered until we have obtained satisfactory references, including a credit search, for each tenants. (Each person over the age of 18 who will be resident at the property MUST be on the tenancy agreement and must pass the necessary check).
5. Acceptance of an applicant does not guarantee the offer of a tenancy. DO NOT TAKE ANY STEPS TO TERMINATE ANY EXISTING TENANCY THAT YOU MAY HAVE until we have confirmed that references have been obtained and a tenancy start date has been agreed.
6. If we agree to grant you a tenancy, you will be required to pay a deposit of one months' rent and one months' rent in advance (a total of twice the quoted rent), together with £100 Tenancy Start Up fee, before you can move in. The sum of half of a months' rent referred to in No. 3 above will be taken into account at this time. This is the case even where Housing Benefit is acceptable: full payment must still be made before you can move in.
All fees are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
All reference fees paid to Kernow Properties are non-refundable.
It is the responsibility of all applicants to check all information provided on the reference forms, Kernow Properties will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies, provided by applicants.
Kernow Properties will not check information provided, as this will be the responsibility of the applicant.