Letting Fee's for Tenants
Any property accepting LHA, in full or part (top up) will need a guarantor. Applications, for Tenants (over 18) and Guarantors are all subject to credit referencing. This property is let under an assured shorthold tenancy agreement and the minimum term of occupancy is six months. Applications, for Tenants (over 18) and Guarantors are all subject to credit referencing. Our referencing fees are as follows: £85 per person over the age of 18 (this also applies to any guarantor). £100 tenancy establishment fee on the day that the tenancy begins. We normally require one months rent in advance and one months rent which will be held as a deposit/bond (although there are some cases where increased advance rent may be required). In some cases we may request an additional deposit in respect of pets etc. There will not be any extra fees for renewal of tenancy agreements, inventories, out going referencing or check out post tenancy.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:-
1. All appointments to view should be made through Kernow Properties, telephone 01840 12938. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 12.
2. IF YOU ARE DELAYED on the way to an appointment, please let us know. Unless we have heard from you, we will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes after the appointment.
3. We will deal with one application or group of applicants at a time for any given property. Each application must be completed in all respects, with all parts of the forms completed for each prospective tenant and the standard application fee of £85 per person paid (non-refundable), together with a sum equal to half of a months' rent in order to hold the property before they can be considered, (there may be some circumstances where this amount is non-refundable). Certain standard tenancy conditions are explained on the application form.
4. In that we will deal with one application or set of applications at a time your position will be secured, but no tenancy agreement will be offered until we have obtained satisfactory references, including a credit search, for each tenants. (Each person over the age of 18 who will be resident at the property MUST be on the tenancy agreement and must pass the necessary check).
5. Acceptance of an applicant does not guarantee the offer of a tenancy. DO NOT TAKE ANY STEPS TO TERMINATE ANY EXISTING TENANCY THAT YOU MAY HAVE until we have confirmed that references have been obtained and a tenancy start date has been agreed.
6. If we agree to grant you a tenancy, you will be required to pay a deposit of one months' rent and one months' rent in advance (a total of twice the quoted rent), together with £100 Tenancy Start Up fee, before you can move in. The sum of half of a months' rent referred to in No. 3 above will be taken into account at this time. This is the case even where Housing Benefit is acceptable: full payment must still be made before you can move in.
All fees are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
All reference fees paid to Kernow Properties are non-refundable.
It is the responsibility of all applicants to check all information provided on the reference forms, Kernow Properties will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies, provided by applicants.
Kernow Properties will not check information provided, as this will be the responsibility of the applicant.